Volunteer to Support International Queer Activists in Long Beach!
Since the 1970s, ILGA World Conferences have brought together LGBTIQ leaders and activists from all over the world, this year hosted by the It Gets Better Project, ILGA
Since the 1970s, ILGA World Conferences have brought together LGBTIQ leaders and activists from all over the world, this year hosted by the It Gets Better Project, ILGA World Conference will be coming to LA, in sunny Long Beach from May 2nd – May 6th. This event will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for global queer activists, organizers & change-makers to meet, share practices, fortify strategies, and assess how to create & protect global equality for the queer community.
The only key missing is you! TurnOut are searching for volunteers to ensure the conference & evening social events run smoothly. Interested Volunteers can join either “Team: Daytime Conference” or “Team: Evening Social Events” responsibilities will differ between the groups but both offer a unique opportunity for volunteers to engage alongside conference attendees in workshops, discussions & social events. After your shift/duties are complete, you are more welcome to join the conference and/or social event activities. Food and beverage will be provided during the duration of your shift.
Daytime Conference Volunteers:
- Roles & Responsibilities: Daytime Conference Volunteers will be vital in ensuring the conference portion of the event runs smoothly. Volunteers will provide assistance in varying areas like accessibility support, registration assistance, online chat moderators, or room assistance.
- Conference Location: The Westin Long Beach 333 E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
- Dates: Sunday, May 1st – Friday, May 6th: 8 am – 6 pm.
- Shift Times: Shifts are divided between Morning Shift (8:30am – 2:30pm, lunch at 12pm) & Afternoon Shift (2:00pm – 6:00pm, snack at 4pm).
Evening Social Volunteers:
- Roles & Responsibilities: Evening Social Volunteers will be a key part of supporting the conference’s evening social events taking place in Long Beach. Volunteers are needed to set up branded materials, meet and greet attendees, provide directions when needed, and support exit areas. Please note that roles for the team will be the same but the location will be different each evening.
- Social Event Locations: Terrace Theater Plaza @ Located in Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Long Beach Museum of Art, The Aquarium of the Pacific, and The Westin Long Beach (Reception & Gala Center)
- Dates: Monday, May 2nd through Thursday, May 5th
- Time: Volunteers needed to help in a few shifts in the timeframe of 3:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Specific shift times TBA!
Organization Description: TurnOut is a nonprofit whose mission is to mobilize communities to power queer and trans movements. They provides volunteers and nonprofits with resources, training, and support to effect high-impact service for LGBTQ causes. Whether you are a new volunteer exploring service for the first time or you are looking to sharpen your leadership skills on a nonprofit board, TurnOut is here to help every step of the way
April 1 (Friday) 9:00 am - May 7 (Saturday) 9:00 am
333 E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802